Goals (for these two days):
1. Be familiar with the history of Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt
2. Be able to distinguish between
accomplishments made by people living in ancient Mesopotamia and ancient Egypt.
3. Be able to explain the basic beliefs of Judaism,
Christianity and Islam. Be able to match the holy book for each of these religions.
4. Show me that you have learned how
to read a grid map.
5. Be able to list several issues existing in North Africa and Southwest Asia today.
a. Be able to explain how and why mummys were made in ancient Egypt.
b. Be able to articulate the creation story
of the ancient Egyptians (and be able to compare this story to other traditions' creation stories.)
c. Be able to explain the
importance of the Nile River to Egypt.